Chikoro Chedu is the name of our school. It means "our school" in Shana (a language in Zimbabwe). School has been amazing this year. I have found the perfect tool for my "hands on" kids--lapbooks. I'll show you Serenity's lapbook about horses when she's done.
Our days start at 6:30 with room cleaning. The 2 neighbor boys come over and wait for the bus at my house from 7 to 8 and we eat breakfast together and have a bible study and go for a walk.
This year, Serenity is going to school on the bus. In 6th grade, the school day at KMS starts with physical education and choir, so Serenity is able to participate in those classes and band on Thursdays. I share rides home with another homeschool mom who has a 6th grader that goes each morning as well.
I have a schedule of the day that we try to really stick to that has our lives mapped out in half hour increments. Tons of reading! And I love it that whichever book I am reading to them, when I close the book at the end of the chapter they BEG for more.
Church is SO exciting! The youth room is finally painted after being mostly done for a few years. Many of our neighbors are coming and 2 of my dear friends are in a Bible Study with me every Sunday night. My Sunday School class (Enoch's) is wonderful! We are learning the names of God.
Enjoy the backlogged pictures of the last few weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment