Thursday, June 4, 2009


It's basketball camp week here in Kerkhoven. (JT is in the blue Tshirt in the first photo and Serenity is in the gray Tshirt in the second photo). I'll make Hoosiers of Serenity and JT yet! The community pool opened this week, too. And the difficult part is that I don't drive them. Serenity and JT can ride their bikes. It's one more step toward growing up. (It's true that the High School and the pool are only about 5 blocks away...but I take baby steps with these difficult things.) I only cried for the first half hour--I'm kidding. One more baby step toward "letting go."
I still have people ask me, "How can you give this baby up?" That is the strangest question. This is Michael and Christine's baby and this is all for them. So the "letting go" won't be hard for me at all. But I can't wait to see how Michael and Christine do the first time their precious baby wants to ride a bike 5 blocks away. And I'm guessing that it doesn't get a whole lot easier? Sigh.

No comments: