Sunday, June 14, 2009

money money money

I have had the ABBA song running through my head today. (Not my first choice in worship songs for Sunday, but it's in my head and it's stuck there for a while.) This week I lost my purse (and found it again) but I spent a week looking for it.

Friday I went all the way into Willmar to get the writable CDs to make copies (all completely legal) for the 100+ children that attended Vacation Bible School. I decided to pick up groceries first, bringing Cappy and Enoch with me...that takes considerably longer. After our grocery adventure (with the checkbook, because my purse was still missing) we headed off to WalMart for the CDs. When I opened the back of the van to find the checkbook, the bag of groceries in glass containers had shifted and fell on my feet, not hurting me, but covering my flip-fl0p shod feet with Hoisin Sauce. Thankfully, I didn't cry. I told myself that I would trust in God and what's a little Hoisin Sauce in the grand scheme of things. The flower waterer used the hose in the garden center to wash my feet, so at least I wasn't sticky when the cashier told me how much the CD's would cost and asked to see ID for the check I had written. I had no ID, no purse, and she called the manager who told me that there was nothing they could to. We left the CD's and tries Target. I hadn't cried. I told myself that God would take care of me. Target has the same check writing policy...I asked, but I went to see how much the CD's cost. $24.99. And I didn't even have a penny on the floor of the van. But God sent something better. I saw a friend from Kerkhoven, who suggested that I write her a check for 30$ and she would give me cash to buy the CDs.

And it gets even better. I was able to make CDs for the kids and they had a great time singing their lungs out while I smiled like a muppet (the kind of smile that goes all the way from one ear to the other).

And yesterday, I graduated from size Medium yoga pants to size Large yoga pants to incorporate my expanding waistline, and I think baby will be much more comfortable. So I thank God for the maternity clothes Christine sent.

And better yet, we found out this week that we will be able to get a new piano for the kids. I am so happy about that, I'm beyond grinning. And I keep saying to God, "even if we didn't have any of this money or stuff, I would still love you!" But right now He just keeps giving and giving and I am enjoying every minute of it.

No comments: