Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I talked with Sue, our adoption case worker. She said that we are third or fourth on "the list". She said that the numbers and dates they give each have so many variables, that she wanted to make it clear that the numbers aren't definite. I don't mind. I just like the sound of being a possible "third". Interestingly, our paperwork arrived in Ethiopia on the same day that my pregnancy began. And Sue told me that it will take around 9 months for the referral. Isn't that amazing? So right around the time Mike and Christine get their baby, we may be getting the phone call that says our little girl has been chosen. Two to three months after that (I always pray that it will be for Christmas) Micah and his sister Rebekah will travel to Ethiopia and get her.

Two big prayer requests to speed the process:

1. The Embassy in Ethiopia has just gone back to hearing adoption cases every Tuesday rather than every other Tuesday. This is great news! Pray that they keep it open every week and don't go back to the old schedule.

2. All government offices shut down for the two months of monsoon season, beginning in August. But this year, they have continued to schedule adoption appointments into August! Hopefully, they will keep going, and not take the "monsoon break". That would speed the process so much!

No comments: