Monday, July 6, 2009

revenge





I am going to call it food poisoning, but you can call it Montezuma's revenge, or Denver's revenge, or whatever you want. Over a week of staying in the house, close to the bathroom for all 4 kids and I. (Micah was speaking at a camp). My regular doctor, who we love, wasn't in, so I was passed around from nurses to doctors on call and all of them had different opinions of what to do. Yesterday was my first day of being well again. Enoch and Caspian are mostly well.

Baby is kicking me all night long, telling me that this food poisoning hasn't bothered anything in its tiny world in the least. I know baby was kicking because I lay awake worrying about Serenity and JT at camp. I'm trying not to worry, but I just can't sleep. I just keep imagining that JT can't find his toothbrush or that he will have a relapse of "Denver's revenge" and won't know what to do. So I brought Serenity's American girl doll into bed with me last night and I prayed and prayed and prayed for them. Good thing I worry so much...otherwise, I might forget to pray.

The photos are from Camp Joy last summer. The girl with the white hat is Rachel. She is 8th in the Nation (and an olympic hopeful) in discus throwing. We met her last year, and this year she is Serenity's counselor! She is at least as tall as my dad, so Serenity will really be able to look up to her.

No comments: