Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The End of the Beginning - Part I

Karna is upstairs recovering and has dictated this post - more will come :)

Last Thursday, October 22nd, I woke up around 3am. I think Caspian called me... I couldn't get back to sleep. Not unusual. I prayed for a while and planned for a while. Afterall, I had only one day left until our honored guests would arrive. On Wednesday, two families from church, the Osterbauers and Frentzels, had come and cleaned the whole house.

But I still had a list of things to do. As I reviewed my mental list, the baby decided to play a trick on us all. After visiting the bathroom, I turned on our bedroom light and informed a very much asleep Micah, "There has been a change of plans." I then informed a still sleeping Micah, "My water broke!"



Micah rolled out of bed and sent a text to Micheal, "you left yet."

Michael replied, "in about 15 minutes."

Micah "good, Karna's water broke and we're on our way to the hospital."

Michael, "you're kidding right."

Micah, "if i was kidding i'd still be sleeping. See you at the hospital."

Pastor Dave came over to babysit and Micah and I went to the hospital where I was admitted through the ER.




No comments: