Micah and I waited and we prayed together. He read the Bible to me. Psalms mostly. My "dashing" surgeon, Lachlan Smith came to visit us (that's how the nurses described him). And Micah (who is also "dashing," even when he isn't running) got his scrubs on. The nurses wheeled my hospital bed down to surgery. Everyone was in a good mood. While the anesthesiologist was trying to determine if the medicine was working, the surgeon entered and asked if my legs were heavy. I replied, "Is that some kind of fat joke?" which made the dashing Lachlan Smith smile. And within minutes, the whole room knew what I had been keeping a secret for months...IT'S A BOY! Charles Michael Hazen was born on October 22nd at 8:14 am. 7 lbs 14 oz.
Micah was so intent on the surgery itself that he had to be reminded to capture the moment on film! And he did a fantastic job. Micah sent a picture of the baby's face to Mike and Christine just minutes before their plane took off and they got to see their little one's face for the first time.
No comments:
Post a Comment