Monday, March 8, 2010

SO CASPIAN

Caspian has coined a new phrase or 2...we are going to start calling him Captain Obvious the 2nd. (Jamie Boehmer gets the honor of contributing this eponym.) When I dip bread in a mixture of egg and milk, then fry it in a pan, Caspian climbs climbs up on a chair to see the source of the yummy smell. "Oh, my WORD, Mom, that is SO TOAST!" When Caspian is painting and I empty the bowl of painty water and refill it at the sink, Caspian says, "Oh, my WORD, Mom, that is SO FRESH WATER!"

His neck is more swollen today. The problem is in trying to explain to him that he is sick and needs to rest and be moderately still. Again, lots of movies. Monsters Inc, Spirit, the Story of William Tyndale. Those were the great ones. But no more showing movies I haven't previewed. Maybe PG really means "Prurient and Graphic." We had to stop one of the PG movies because it was so icky. For ME even. Good discussion afterwards, but YIKES! I'm going to check out all movies at www.kids-in-mind.com from now on. Wait, didn't I say that after our Coraline disaster? "Oh, my WORD, these are SO MOVIES-THAT-ARE-TOO-SCARY-AND-NAUGHTY-TO-BE-CALLED-FAMILY-FILMS!"

No comments: