Monday, March 1, 2010

in the middle of the night

Here are my middle of the night chores: change Helen's diaper, make a bottle for Helen and feed her, make our bathroom into a sauna for Helen, walk out of the bathroom, walk into the bathroom, walk out of the bathroom, let the dog out, put the laundry in the dryer, refill the humidifier, set the alarm on the cell phone which was charging all evening, then it's back to bed. So, right now, Aslan has an abscess that has him confined to the kitchen linoleum and needing baths a few times a day. He shivered so pitifully today, that we set him up with a blanket and a heater. He was so content after that, I don't think he moved from that spot for 4 hours. I have still got that skin fungus that Helen so generously shared with me. Dandruff shampoo does wonders to help with the itchiness. Helen has croup, and her voice sounds terrible but the sweetheart is still all smiles. She says "hi" to everyone, sometimes saying "hi" back and forth with people. They eat it up, because she's adorable. One last thing. Micah has offered to work at home during Helen's nap, so that I can rest during that time. I'll be so happy and thankful that I won't be able to sleep!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Helen makes me happy! Karna, praying your nights get a little less-eventful! Our son was very croupy as well, so I feel your pain!