Tuesday, March 23, 2010

weekend with starkjohns








Well, I have mono...but we kept our date with the Starkjohn family at a hotel/waterpark "up nort." I wasn't much fun, but I loved watching my kids in the waterfalls and "river" tubes and giant slides. Helen just sat next to me in a chair most of the time and watched all the action, which made my life much easier. Helen chewed through the tip of her bottle in the morning (the only bottle she would take...it's the one from Ethiopia) so I spent the last day and a half teaching her to use one of the others, but it's a different shape--even a different plastic. Poor thing. Tonight promises to be much better than last night. So, for someone who has a virus that only sleep can cure, the last 2 nights were horrible, but I feel great today...the 2 diet Cokes probably helped...Micah took the kids to the church gym so I could nap. I plan on sleeping when Helen sleeps tomorrow.

No comments: