Sunday, May 23, 2010

my people





This weekend was so full of laughter and fun and powerful testimonies of God's love! My cousins were here and we jumped on the trampoline, did stretches and danced with Auntie Jessie, played wii, tried not to get hit by lightning, held babies, sat up late around the bonfire, quoted lines from movies, played chess and boggle, got to listen to Aunt Carol play the piano, and even raided an RV in total stealth mode.

All this was made possible because Nikki Viss married Aric Braaten this weekend. I can still see how he looked at her. He loves her so much, and he has loved her since Junior High. Ritchie Johnson said to me after the wedding, "that will be Serenity in a few years." I replied, "find another guy like Aric, and I'll sign her up today!"

The bride's mom, Bonita, is actually the one God used to bring us to Kerkhoven. Bonita's sister Carol is my Aunt Carol. She's married to my dad's cousin Tom. So Uncle Tom and Aunt Carol and their 4 kids (my cousin/siblings) lived in the house next door to me my whole life. We danced and roller skated and swam in swimming pools and played dress up and kick the can...

Now, we are all live in grown up world and have amazing jobs and families. We have learned to trust God's goodness through cancer, miscarriage, and when our childhood dreams have not come true. I am encouraged, I am renewed and strengthened by their faith. I miss them every day here on earth until we are reunited forever in heaven, and what a reunion that will be!

No comments: