We had the honor today of being one of five families dedicating their children in church today. And I got to help the youth group kids lead worship. It reminded me of a wedding with special music, couples' just radiating joy and pride, and we even had vows of sorts. The parents committment to raise our children to know God and the congregation's promise to pray for us and help us teach our children. And we prayed for each little one. I will add our group photo as soon as I get it.
After church, we were honored yet again...we got to be Nelsons for the day! There were 2 Nelson families dedicating babies, and they had all the relatives over afterwards, Driscolls included. We made quite a housefull, but we were having such a wonderful time, I didn't want to leave (even after JT beat me in ping pong). We ended up going to the Nelsons' Grandparent's house to see their 2 week old baby horse. They gave my kids horse rides and let them help feed the horses. And I am amazed that even though they see all their own grandchildren on a regular basis, they still made time for my precious children. They are a great example to me of how to get a job done and include everyone in the fun of life at the same time.
No comments:
Post a Comment