Sunday, April 18, 2010

baby chicks!





Saturday, we got up early to go into Willmar for Serenity's music theory test. She passed my level of expertise many moons ago.

We stopped at the flower nursery to shop for the city garden, but we were told that it's still 2 weeks too early to plant here. One more reminder that we do live in Minnesota. When it's warm, it's just like a cruel joke...Grandpa Bud would not be pleased with the climate.

Then on to the doctor's office. Had to get some warts frozen off one of the kids. Always a good time. I reminded them that it's kind of like what it would feel like to get a tattoo. I don't think they are interested...but when we first arrived, Helen made a beeline for the hand sanitizer and made a motion of rubbing her hands together! She picks up on every little movement we make. And I thought, wouldn't Grandpa Bud be proud.

Micah finished up the frame for our new outdoor playground that afternoon and we ended up going on a spur-of-the-moment trip to the Finstrom farm. The kids got to see 26 brand new baby chicks come out of the box (which is the next best thing to coming out of an egg.)

And I learned that just like Helen's little eyes are always on me, all the kids little ears are on me as well...and even some big ears. I made a rude comment under my breath and our host overheard it. I don't think it was as "under my breath" as I expected it to be. He sat next to me in Sunday School the next day and told the whole class. Man, was I ever embarrassed. Good for him! I deserved every bit of the bright red that colored my face. I'm thankful once again that I serve a God who has given me grace through his Son Jesus!

No comments: