We have a new breakfast game..."Guess the State." I give the kids pancakes without syrup and they nibble their pancakes into Idaho or Minnesota or Oklahoma. Everyone has to guess what state they created.
And we ate so much cake this weekend! Besides the amazing basket of treats from Aunt Barbara, the neighbors brought over an assortment of amazing Easter chocolate and baked goods. Jamie and Hannah Boehmer (Caspian was their ring bearer the day after Helen came home) had a reception on Sunday at the church in Kerkhoven. Fun to see them again, but--more cake. Oh, and I got to speak at Brittany's bridal shower (she was in the youth group and she is getting married this summer). More cake. All this to say, I'm on a diet again. Starting after Jamie and Hannah's reception. I've lasted about 20 hours so far. That's a great start. I'm hoping to beat this year's record of 72 hours. That's my longest successful diet in a year. I have a friend joining me. We both are attempting to make it until Nikki Viss and Aric Braaten's wedding in May.
And if you're wondering why Helen wears a different beautiful outfit every weekend...it's just because she can. And it's so fun. I could just eat her up. (I better not say that when I'm on a diet...)
1 comment:
I hear you on the diet part. . . (I have a tough time staying away from sweets!) . . .and the Helen part! She just does my heart good when I need an Ethiopian fix. Thanks for sharing her. :)
Post a Comment