Wednesday, May 20, 2009

anatomy lesson


Wow! Do I ever feel better than I did a few days ago! I went to the doctor yesterday. He explained vertigo and showed me pictures of the inner ear. He said the fluid in the semicircular canals (the three loops) works like a carpenter's level to keep me balanced. My right and left side didn't match for a while there, making the room tilt. It's like when I was little and spun in circles just for the fun of it. When I stopped, the world kept spinning. The difference now is that I didn't spin around and it doesn't end after a few seconds. I'll take mild nausea any day over vertigo!
After Dr. Denny reviewed the amazing inner ear with me, He reminded me of the verse that says, "I am fearfully and wonderfully made..." I responded, "Sunday was fearful. Let me hear the baby's heartbeat, that would be wonderful." And it was. It doesn't sound like a washing machine anymore. It is a real lub-dub. You can hear the valves working. Baby's heart is so intricate and small. I am in awe of the awesome God who made all this.

No comments: