Tuesday, May 26, 2009

waiting

We received a "thank you for waiting" gift from the Ethiopia team at our adoption agency. 3 carved ivory necklaces for the boys and a wooden carved bracelet for Serenity. It is difficult for me to enjoy the necklaces, when I want a little girl, but the gifts have helped the kids. While JT cries at night remembering MorFar, Serenity is crying in her bed saying, "I just want my little sister to be here." Usually, the tears start after 10, so if we can get everyone to bed by 9, it's much easier on everyone. Tonight all was well.

So we continue to wait for our referral to come from Ethiopia, but seeing a photo of our new daughter might make the wait even harder. And Mike and Christine continue to wait for their baby to be ready. I'm still waiting for some kicking that I know for sure is baby and not.....anything else.

No comments: