We have been celebrating non-stop this weekend. So far, we have been to 5 graduation open houses, I think--they're all starting to blur together. And we celebrated Enoch's birthday with 5 friends. It was a Star Wars party. The kids fought with light sabers and ate Dilly Bars from Dairy Queen. I told them they were Princess Leah buns. We also had tater tots, conveniently re-named "Vader Taters". The kids basically ran around and played and it was somehow the most relaxing party I have ever given. And Grandma Joyce baked Enoch his favorite cake. Angel food cake with strawberries.
Caspian now has training wheels on Enoch's old bike. His half birthday is on Enoch's birthday, so we told Cappy it was his gift for turning 4 1/2. He is ecstatic! He rides down the street (still very slow, especially for him) and sings, "I'm so glad I'm four and a half...eeeeee!" But the funniest part was me putting the training wheels on. I had the little bike upside down, because that's what I thought Micah would do. And I made sure the training wheels were balanced and both touched the ground before I fastened them on tight. Then, when I started to turn the bike over, I realized the training wheels were on upside down. I had to take them off and flip them over so that they would touch the ground when the bike was right side up.
No comments:
Post a Comment