Wednesday, March 18, 2009

crabby

Enoch is learning to read , but Caspian is able to rhyme the last word of each line faster than Enoch can sound it out. Photo courtesy of JT.

Today, JT asked if he could bring Aslan with him when he grows up and has his own house. It's like the kids love the dog more every day. Aslan is always nearby, usually pushing his nose underneath Enoch's finger as he points to each word in his book. And the older Aslan gets, the more pushy he is. I must admit that it is sometimes annoying.

Speaking of annoying...everything has been. Isn't that awful? I have been one crabby mommy today. I would love to blame my slight bout with insomnia or my medications or the weather (or Caspian throwing rocks at a car). But I have apologized constantly today to my family for my irritability. So I just keep repeating one of our pastor's favorite sayings in my head, "'The joy of the Lord is my strength'...if you lose your joy, you lose your strength."

No comments: