Tuesday, March 3, 2009

honkophobia


Have you ever seen Laurel and Hardy's film where they worked in a horn factory and the honking puts them on the edge of a nervous breakdown. I seem to remember my father, whenever something was annoying, getting that faraway look in his eyes and chanting, "Horns...HORNS...!"
Well, here this week it has been "Cough...COUGH!" I hear it sometimes even when Serenity and Enoch are not coughing. And after telling you how wonderful it is to sleep so well...I recant! I am going back to sleep right now (the cough awakened me moments ago, so I thought I'd do something productive.) And yes, they have been to the doctor, and yes there's codeine in their medicine, and yes, that's a cool mist vaporizer in the photo behind Enoch, and yes I am smearing VICKS on their feet each night.
Tonight before bed, the kids all prayed that Enoch and Serenity would stop coughing. Caspian prayed that everyone would remember to cough into their elbows...and he prayed it 4 times.

No comments: