Today,on the day we set aside to remember the death of Jesus, Micah and I went to a funeral for Ardis Westrud. She was the grandma of one of our favorite youth group kids (Brandon). Micah had been asked to preach the Bible and I had the honor of singing. She chose the song "Abide with me" which I had never heard before but has quickly become one of my favorites. Micah had been going to their apartment to have Bible studies with Brandon and his grandma because she was on hospice. She told Micah many times that she wasn't afraid to die. She was just so sure about Jesus being the way to heaven, that it took away all fear. But even knowing that, I couldn't look at anyone when I sang. Seeing other people sad makes me cry...and when I'm pregnant and I cry, I throw up! So I didn't let myself start. And it ended up being a beautiful service.
The video is from the Good Friday service at church tonight. I am playing guitar during communion with 4 kids from the youth group.
My doctor called today just to say everything looked great on last Tuesday's ultrasound. Always good to hear that.
No comments:
Post a Comment