Tuesday, April 21, 2009

graduation

Caspian has graduated to swinging by himself! He taught himself to pump his feet on the swing! I can't remember the last time something (other than a movie) held his attention this long.

I went to the my doctor today. No more ultrasounds and no more drawing blood. I've graduated to the level where they hand me an empty plastic cup at the lab now. Doctor Denny and I heard the heartbeat today again and he smiled at me and I smiled at him. It's just so reassuring to hear that all is well.

And since I graduated to only taking vitamins last week (when I stopped taking the steroid just 5 days ago) I have lost 5 pounds and 2-3 inches around my waist. Who knows what was being retained there, but it didn't make me feel good, and I feel better every day just knowing that the extra whatever is leaving (and baby is staying). My favorite anti-nausea food is sugar-free orange jello, which I could eat by the case, mandarin oranges, and fruit flavored stride gum.

I've been sleeping for 10 hours a night (plus a few naps during the day). That's why I haven't blogged every night. And I have been having bizarre dreams where I am a secret agent or bugs are trying to crawl into my backpack and I'm using my credit card to watch television on a mountain covered in flat screen TVs. My life is never boring...even in my sleep.

Tonight the kids and I laughed so hard at the youtube video of Andy Demetriou dancing on Britains Got Talent 2009. See it if you can.

No comments: