These two beautiful women from my church are Helen (with the white hair) and Elaine (with the brown hair). Two more who pray every day for the baby and for me. They are good friends and next door neighbors. Helen's husband passed away a couple months ago and Elaine's went into an alzheimers care center. They love my family here and have kind of adopted my New Jersey family as they pray for me.
Every time I go to get blood drawn (which is every Tuesday morning, at this point) there is a poem on the wall I read.
Dear Lord,
So far today I've done alright.
I haven't gossiped, haven't lost my temper,
haven't been greedy, grumpy, nasty,
selfish, or over-indulgent.
I'm very thankful for that.
But in a few minutes, Lord
I'm going to get out of bed
And from then on,
I'm probably going to need a lot more help.
This is my prayer.
AMEN!
No comments:
Post a Comment