Thursday, February 11, 2010

cry baby

Helen continues to "cry" every once in a while. It's not at all unpleasant. She has an actual cry that she seldom uses, so I do respond when she really needs me, but this fake one is kinda cute. Caspian's fake cry sounds very real and is much louder. He can turn it on and off faster, too. I can't tell you how many times I have told him the story of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" and I'm sure one of these days he's going to figure out what it means. Serenity continues to play the piano and make my days more beautiful. She got me though, yesterday morning. Helen pointed to me and said "pretty" and Serenity ,who was holding her, said in her simple, quiet way "she'd be prettier if she smiled." I guess I don't smile much before 8am. I'm going to smile a lot today to make up for it. Or drink my coffee earlier. Serenity got me back for making the same comment to her on repeated occasions. Just one more way that families hold each other accountable.

2 comments:

Dan or Reb said...

Karna,

We LOVE reading your blog and watching and hearing Helen :) She looks so good and I'm so glad that she is adjusting so well. We pray for you all every day and Vani especially loves to talk about Helen her new cousin. She prayed the other day for Helen and her adjusting to her new family and all her new cousins (Vani's prayers are usually long and it took me a while to realize that she was talking about Helen adjusting to US and specifically Vani! Her teacher asked me on Monday when I was helping if Helen was Vani's sister or cousin b/c she talks about her so much and says "my Helen" ... So sweet.
Anyway... keep up the good posting and we should skype soon. Love and hugs to all

Reb

Julie said...

Karna,

Oh, how I love seeing your videos. Keep posting! :) Helen is sooooo sweet.