Monday, February 8, 2010

the sound of music



There is always someone singing or playing music in our house. That's the way I like it. I started playing classical music while JT does his math worksheets (his least favorite thing in the world). He says he loves it when the music "gets all crazy" sometimes. Serenity is playing Kum-bay-ya on the piano and she sings it with all her might. It's so beautiful. I'll never joke about that song again. And Caspian. I wrote the songs down that he sang today. Are you ready? Today he has sung the alphabet song repeatedly, but that's to be expected. He has also been caught singing "Under the Boardwalk," "The Lion Sleeps Tonight," and various Hymns. He sings a little bit of "Amazing Grace" and then some "Up From the Grave He Arose..." combined with pieces of "To God be the Glory." Not done yet, though. He also knows Hannah Montana's "Hoedown Throwdown." And last but not least, he can sing the names of all the countries of the former USSR (complete with a little Cossack dance).

Helen sings all the time, but today she was feeling "ishy" I guess. She cried off and on throughout the day. Not a real cry. A very fake one. I could barely hear it, actually. But when I would look at her, she would squinch up her eyes and make this tiny fake-y little cry sound. So, naturally, I laughed and probably just encouraged her to keep doing it, but it's so funny! Even though she wasn't her usual ridiculously happy self, we had a wonderful, snowed-in day.

I added photos of her mealtime faces. The funny face and the I don't want any more face.

No comments: