Monday, February 15, 2010

eye of the tiger







Sunday night I called our new friend Kelly to tell her that we wouldn't be coming to the zoo in apple valley Monday morning at 9am. Micah and his sister met Kelly and her husband in the airport on their way to Ethiopia. Somehow, God arranged for Kelly and her husband Luke to travel with Micah and Rebekah all the way from the airport in Minnesota to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Not only that, but they were in the same little guest house once they arrived even though they were with completely different agencies. Kelly and Luke adopted 2 kids, Melat (3) and Maru (7). When I talked to Kelly Sunday night, she begged us to come for Maru's sake. He's been crying every night grieving his losses, but he has been counting down the days until he gets to see little Helen again. So, for his sake, I said we would go, even though Serenity would miss band and oboe lesson. Sunday night I even asked Serenity to pray for me before bed. I said my heart was just too worn to pray out loud. I was disappointed to find out that Micah had to drive bus in the morning, which meant we couldn't leave here until 8:25am. I still got up early to shower and Micah and I scared the daylights out of each other when I came downstairs. He thought I was in bed and I thought he was driving a bus. That's when he told me that school was 2 hours late. Serenity didn't have band. He wasn't driving bus. And oh, by the way, here are 2 free tickets to the zoo from Rustads bus service. I sat right down on the stairs and had a good cry. Because if God loves this little 7 year old boy that much, that means He loves me, and my children...and nothing is too hard for Him. So, even though my faith was really as small as a mustard seed, he made a way.

On the way to the zoo, JT was wearing his earphones and listening to "eye of the tiger" on his MP3 player. As he sang, Enoch joined in, just because he knew the song--both of them belting it out. Only Enoch was only listening to JT listening. We didn't see any tigers. Too cold outside for that. Maybe next time. But we had a great time with our new friends.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I love how Jesus loves us so. . .