Friday, February 5, 2010

mom?



Helen is the best at saying "mom." I'm not sure that she knows what it means, but she always says it before she lays down to sleep. To get to sleep she has a little program: rub eyes, tug on hair, pull ear, and blow spit bubbles. I had never before realized that "mom-mom-mom-mom" is the sound made when repeatedly making spit bubbles and noise at the same time. I'm still counting it though.

Helen isn't walking. I think I miscommunicated that in earlier posts. She is launching herself 3 feet at a time from one piece of furniture to another and somehow arriving at her destination on her feet. She's wearing through the linoleum between the fridge and the stove, I think. It's like falling forward without falling down.

Speaking of falling...Enoch had a hilarious fall the other day. In trying to get from point A to point B in the kitchen, he spun around, hit point C (the refrigerator door handle--which was not even on the way to point B) with the side of his head and landed flat on the floor. He was fine. I guess he's used to it.

One more thing. Today, Caspian said "Mom?..." When I acknowledged him, he said, "Mom? Enoch pinched me.......I mean.......do bullets break through force shields?" When I finally stopped laughing, I reassured him that they cannot break through force shields. Glad I could help.

No comments: