Sunday, February 14, 2010

Hotel weekend!





we just got back from our valentines day weekend at a hotel (thank you family, for your "go get yourselves a treat" Valentine's Day gifts...they really add up). The kids spent rediculous amounts of time going down the waterslide. And we got to connect with a few youth group/church families that we love so much and rarely get to have extended conversations with. In all, I think there were 6 families there, and we had a blast. One of my favorite things was sharing Helen with the youth group kids. They got to hold her and laugh with her. James Faulkner, 13, just kept saying, "She's just so cool!" He even won her a big stuffed animal frog from a game machine near the lobby. Next to Helen, it looks just like Disney's Princess and the Frog movie. As I type this, the rest of my family is upstairs taking a nap and I'm down here planning something spectacular for Valentine's Day...like doing laundry...we may even get it all put away this evening.

No comments: