Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas quotes



Because Helen is coming so soon, I could have neglected Christmas decorating completely. But for Serenity, JT, Enoch, and Caspian's sake, we are keeping all our most special traditions. We still decorated the tree. (I finally threw away all the decade-old, broken strands of lights from the attic). I left all the Christmas balls in their boxes, and we just used hand-made ornaments and some that we received through the years as special gifts. I noticed that Enoch was not unpacking all of the ornaments. When I encouraged him to keep working, he said, "Well...I really only want to do the Jesus-y ones." Then, as Enoch helped attach the little wire hangers, he looked in at the ornaments that still remained in the box and reflected, "You sure can find good memories in here." We have their Vacation Bible School Crafts, construction paper handprints, and even a card that Serenity made for me years ago. The outside says, "Jesus loves you, I love you." And inside it reads, "Dear Mommy. I love you and Merry Christmas! JT and I were playing, (I was limpping) and JT fixed my leg! (JT had lightning powers) Isn't that a great story? Love Serenity"

No comments: