Wednesday, December 23, 2009

luggage

well, Micah is on his way to WalMart. That, in itself, should shock some of you who know him best. He is going to purchase a new suitcase. Normally, this would have made my blood feel like it was boiling inside my veins because I wanted to pack a week ago. I suggested buying a used suitcase at goodwill. I typically wouldn't have even tried to hide my frustration at the need to buy a large ticket item because of waiting until the last minute.

But there's something different about this because Micah is going to get Helen. I'm not mad at circumstances or Micah or anything. I may have sighed and rubbed my temples, but only because the team of Micah and Karna needed to find a way to work out the luggage issue.

All day long I have been practicing trusting God, so why stop now? The weatherman has not been...encouraging. Which normally would have sent the whole world revolving around me in my spasms of worry. It has been my oppotunity to practice what I have been preaching every single day to the kids..."trusting God means NO MATTER WHAT believing that He can do whatever it takes to bring glory to His Name." God can stop a storm if He wants to (He has, and I have read the story a hundred times). God could make us wait another month to get Helen if Micah wasn't able to get to Ethiopia by Monday. Bhe most amazing thing God does, is giving us patience and joy from the inside out in the midst of potential anger and worry.

But with or without the blizzard, it will be pretty chilly when Helen (and the beautiful new suitcase) get home. We will be waiting for her with her new fuzzy blanket from the grandmas at church.

No comments: