I got an email from Micah that said they are safely in the guest house in Addis Ababa. I could tell he's excited. They were just going to bed, but he said that they would go and get Helen on Sunday at 9 am...not Monday like we thought! Sunday! Tomorrow morning! Now I just have to figure out what time it is here when it is 9 am in Ethiopia. From my scientific calculations, I have concluded that we must add 9 hours to Minnesota time to arrive at Addis time. So when Micah says 9am on Sunday, I think that means...can it be?...midnight tonight?
And here in the driscoll house, we hooked up the dance revolution and the nintendo and played the domino train game and started making hotdishes with the giant turkey I cooked yesterday. We had 2 little invited friends over and had one uninvited yet pleasant surprise friend. None of us knew him, really, but he liked hot chocolate and toy guns so what's one more when there are already 6?
Saturday, December 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So exciting! I can't imagine your excitement!
Post a Comment