Friday, December 25, 2009

Kelly and Luke

Micah and Rebekah have been watching the planes come and go. They are, as I type this morning, boarding the plane for Amsterdam. As I made a snow fort with the kids here at home, they have met a couple that will be traveling with them all the way to Ethiopia. Actually, they are staying in the same guest house. Kelly and Luke are adopting siblings, ages 2 and 6. I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
---
At lunchtime, Enoch prayed that God would hold back the storm for Daddy. By suppertime, it had been downgraded to a winter storm advisory and the terrible winds they were predicting never came.
---
I decided that it would be easier to hang the laundry to dry than shovel the driveway. Our street didn't get plowed until after supper anyway and I couldn't have driven my laundry anywhere. The kids were at least as excited about the clothes hanging in the kitchen as they were about their Christmas gifts. They just kept going on about how cool it is and how "now we're like old fashioned times!"

No comments: