Monday, January 11, 2010

crashing piano lessons



That's right, Helen made her debut this afternoon at Serenity and JT's piano lesson. The Cooks are dear friends of ours and we know they have been praying about Helen for so long. So I brought all 5 kids to piano lessons today. They were all wonderful, but I must say that Caspian stole the show for me. They had brought out a bin of baby toys for Helen, and there was a farm animal book that made a pig noise. Caspian sat in a chair and pushed the "pig noise button" over and over and laughed hard every time...oh, did I mention that he was wearing an elastic headband with a flashlight on the front? Like he was going spelunking.

Helen's favorite game in the kitchen is knock-over-the-bag-of-potatoes. She takes the potatoes out and JT puts them back in.

And we found out that Helen squeals and kicks with excitement when I'm holding her and Serenity pretends to chase her.

So...one more day of being together and loving each other. But this not-getting-their-schoolwork-done-because-they're-distracted-by-Helen's-adorableness has got to stop.

No comments: