Monday, January 4, 2010

the journey there











On Christmas Eve, Micah was making arrangements for a friend to drive him to the airport in the blizzard of the century. Rebekah was finding an earlier flight so they could beat the storm, if possible. Enoch prayed for God to hold back the storm, and the predicted winds never came. Before the plane ever left, Micah met Kelly and her husband Luke (they live by the Minnesota Zoo, and we are excited to journey there with them in the future). Now I can show you their photo.
They stopped in Amsterdam just one day before the incident with the attempted bombing. I am thankful to everyone who prayed for their safety. After taking a picture of the wooden shoes, they traveled to Khartoum, Sudan for another layover...then they landed in Ethiopia.
Micah accidentally overtipped the luggage carrier in Ethiopia. (more than a day's wages). True to form, he chalked it up to experience. Again, I am thankful, because Micah and Rebekah are such a great team. They have great attitudes and are so willing to try and willing to try again.

No comments: