Sunday, January 10, 2010

fandesha







All 7 of us gathered round the big bowls of fandesha (the amharic word for popcorn). No kitchen fire this time. And take a look at the size of Micah's bowl! We watched "Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs." Very funny.
I missed the ending, though. Helen had quite the explosion out of her "ending" that demanded my immediate attention (and a shower).
Just today, Helen started putting her face right in front of mine when I'm holding her and she wants me to look at her. It isn't demanding, it's just cute.
One last thing...I'm afraid that my blogs haven't painted a realistic picture of our family. It is wonderful more often than not, but we all still have sin natures that rear their ugly heads. The kids cry when the wii "makes them lose," and they are sometimes slow to obey, they pout. And I could probably count on one hand the times that bedtime has been announced and nobody has burst into tears. Personally, I have been fighting the "I can never be organized enough to teach my kids" and especially the "I'm not pretty enough to adopt Helen". Where does that come from?! It even sounds silly when I type it, but that's the struggle nonetheless. The great part is that I refuse to accept these thoughts. I know that I can be organized enough because the God who organized the universe lives in me. I know that God made me and called me to adopt, and He says in His Word that He looks at the heart. And my heart is all His.

1 comment:

Kristin Emily said...

Hi dear Karna...
Our staff women (now women's ministries is under Roxy Wiley, our Director) are "experimenting" with a lunch time Bible Study called "Me, Myself, and Lies"- it comes with a video series and we've just done the introductory lesson, but I can already tell it's a study that every woman (and man!) would benefit from- I can't remember the author's name right now, but she's blind. All those negative things you're thinking aren't really God's thoughts at all. You're a terrific mother, with very normal children- and Helen is an incredible little gift to y'all! Congratulations. We love you. Aunt Carol