Monday, January 18, 2010

x-rays and INH



Well, I'm not going to give you any photos from our Doctor's visit today, although the X-ray/screaming part only lasted about 30 seconds. And you know, it doesn't matter how many times I have heard that it takes a better X-ray when my baby is crying, but that will never ever make me like it any better.

I don't like that Helen Tinsaae has to be on isoniazid (INH) for 6-9 months to kill the possible TB bacteria in her. I don't like looking at lists of side-effects, either. Orange tears? Hearing loss? Jaundice? And she will have to be on special viatmins so that the meds don't mess with her bone marrow? Does this sound helpful to you?

We have post placement paperwork to do for CWA. She hasn't been officially adopted in the US yet. When we send in these papers, CWA will send us a schedule of what comes next.

And today was an incredibly good day. Helen, Cappy, and I all got naps. And I realized something shocking...Helen takes a nap if I lay her down in her crib and walk out of the room!

Oh, and I overhear JT often saying things like, "Helen, you are so adorable!" "Helen, can I love you to death?" "Helen, I just can't stand how cute you are, I just have to squeeze you!"

No comments: