Helen finally got to wear the jeans that I got her a month ago. There was only one problem. She isn't built for jeans at this point. Neither am I for that matter. I could get my jeans on a lot easier if I, too, had a giant person who could hold me up by the belt loops and give a few firm shakes...like putting a thick pillow into a pillowcase, you know? So that's what I did for Helen today. I stuffed her into these mod little jeans that just barely snapped. Poor Helen was uncomfortable sitting, but she couldn't bend forward far enough to stand up either. And I couldn't help laughing because that's exactly how I feel every time I try on my favorite pair of jeans. So I did what I usually do...went back upstairs and put my comfortable clothes back on again. This Saturday Helen has her first play date with the little baby girl across the street, Bailey. I think we will pass the jeans on to her.
Thursday, January 28, 2010
jeans
Helen finally got to wear the jeans that I got her a month ago. There was only one problem. She isn't built for jeans at this point. Neither am I for that matter. I could get my jeans on a lot easier if I, too, had a giant person who could hold me up by the belt loops and give a few firm shakes...like putting a thick pillow into a pillowcase, you know? So that's what I did for Helen today. I stuffed her into these mod little jeans that just barely snapped. Poor Helen was uncomfortable sitting, but she couldn't bend forward far enough to stand up either. And I couldn't help laughing because that's exactly how I feel every time I try on my favorite pair of jeans. So I did what I usually do...went back upstairs and put my comfortable clothes back on again. This Saturday Helen has her first play date with the little baby girl across the street, Bailey. I think we will pass the jeans on to her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Haaa...this is SO funny. My little girls weren't built for jeans either. I always try them and then they look so uncomfortable we just give up and go back to the comfy stuff. Too cute!
Ooohh I knooow the feeling! Welcome to the rest of your life Helen! It's one of the great joys of being a female! It's a good lesson to learn early in life...comfort is always more important than beauty! :) love you guys tons!
OH, thank you! This made me laugh! :) Love it.
Post a Comment